The privacy of our visitors to TechOut Singapore is important to us.
Collection of Information
When you interact with us through our Services, we may collect or receive the following types of information:
1. Information You Provide Directly. You may provide information directly to us in several different ways. For example, we collect the information you provide us when you:
- Contact us with inquiries;
- Respond to one of our surveys;
- Register for access to our Services; or
- Use certain Services.
- This information may include personally identifiable information, such as your name and e-mail address (collectively, “Personal Information”).
2. Information We Collect Automatically. We also may receive and store certain information about you and your computer automatically. Automatically collected information may include:
- The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access our Services;
- Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location);
- The domain name of your Internet service provider;
- The website you visited before you came to our Services; and
- Information about the content you view and the features you access on our Services that we collect using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. We may, from time to time, share this information with certain third parties, as set forth below in the section titled “Sharing of Information”. However, it is important to note that no Personal Information is available to or shared with third parties as part of this process.
By using our Services, you consent to the use and sharing of the information we collect and receive as described below.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with access to our Services;
- To help us improve the content and functionality of our Services;
- To better understand your interests and to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you;
- To conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviors;
- To respond to your questions and assist with any problems with our Services; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of Information
TechOut Singapore is not in the business of selling your Personal Information. We consider your Personal Information and your other information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Readers of your User Content. When you submit or share information with us, there could be particular Personal Information or other information about you included in that User Content. For example, you may have revealed your name, age, location, or other biographical information in the context of telling a story about yourself.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- Protect and defend the legal rights of TechOut Singapore, its affiliates, and users of our Services;
- Protect the safety and security of users of our Services;
- Prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); or
- Comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
You can visit our Site without providing any Personal Information. You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites.
If we send you emails about services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing or other communications, please contact us as indicated below at email@example.com.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.