HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, recently announced the Nokia 8, a high performance, beautifully crafted smartphone, designed with content creators in mind. The Nokia 8 is the first Nokia Android phone to come to Singapore.
The Nokia 8 brings three world-firsts to Android smartphones, including a debut collaboration with ZEISS optics. With performance and Pure Android at its heart and the first smartphone to feature the Nokia OZO Audio, as well as the most advanced aluminium unibody design to date, the Nokia 8 represents all the hallmarks of a true flagship Nokia smartphone.
James Rutherfoord, VP at HMD Global, APAC: “We understand consumers enjoy the experience of a pure Android smartphone and with the Nokia 8 at under SGD 800, we are offering more consumers that experience and the full features and capabilities of our Nokia flagship smartphone.”
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat), compatible with Android “O” after firmware update
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, an octa-core chipset with four cores clocked at 2.36GHz, and the other four clocked at 1.5GHz
- Display: 5.3-inch, IPS, QHD (2,560 x 1,440 pixels resolution), 700-nits brightness
- Memory: 4GB RAM (LPPDDR4x)
- Storage: 64GB (UFS 2.1), expandable by another 256GB (via microSD card)
- Rear cameras: 13-megapixel, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0, 76.9° field-of-view, Phase Detection Autofocus, dual-tone flash, OIS (main camera only). Main camera shoots in color, secondary shoots in Monochrome
- Front camera: 13-megapixel, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0, 78.4° field-of-view, display flash
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS+AGPS/GLONASS+BDS, NFC, ANT+
- Ports: USB Type-C (shape), USB 3.1 Gen 1 (profile), 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3,090mAh, Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions / weight: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm / 160g